I wonder... re Pentax future FF

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mike Arledge Senior Member • Posts: 1,231
I wonder... re Pentax future FF

So, my main Pentax lenses are now the following: D-FA* 50 1.4, Sigma 35 1.4 Art and FA 77 LTD.  All of which are FF glass, but I use them on my KP.  And that is fine, it works pretty well right now.  I also have both the DA*16-50 and 50-135 2.8.  I would not mind trading them in towards the D-FA 24-70 actually.

So, there is the K-1(ii) out there and all signs say yes, I should buy that to maximize my lens original designed format.

Here is my hesitation.  I really don't need or want the 36MP of the K-1.  I feel it is overkill for what I do.  I think a 24MP FF would suit me better both from what I shoot (events, portraiture and chasing my kiddo around) and my desire not to have to store all those giant RAW files.  And I know I am going to do some landscape work this year, but again, my KP ought to be adequate especially with the PS options

So, my wonder is, do I take the plunge on the K-1 and sell my KP and call it all a day, or do I dare hope a smaller MP Pentax FF offering might surface?

As an aside, I am bulking out my Panasonic G9, which has the PL 45mm 1.2, and I have the PL 200mm 2.8 on the way.

Like I have always said, I want to believe APS-C is enough for me, save seeing those sweet fast primes in their native focal lengths.

Mike Arledge's gear list:Mike Arledge's gear list
Pentax KP Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited +4 more
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Pentax K-1 Pentax KP
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow