What's next for the 1DX line of DSLRs?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
IR1234 Senior Member • Posts: 1,262
Re: What's next for the 1DX line of DSLRs?

Pocket Lint wrote:

Everything is just speculation at this point, but since everyone and their grandma has put in their two cents, this is what I think is happening.

I think Canon’s roadmap is full mirrorless at this point, and anything else will be an afterthought. I don’t think even Canon knows exactly what’s going to happen with the dslr lineup, the market will be the judge jury and executioner.

It's not full mirrorless by any stretch. A lot of pros don't want mirrorless, and not even the Canon reps I've been meeting are that enthusiastic about the EVF even though the R has the best EVF so far.

As a guess, cause no one really knows, the 1DX3 and 7D3 will be this year. Canon released one body last year, R, so there is no doubt there is stuff lined up this year, especially since the 7D2 and 1DX2 are both due for replacement, on schedule, on their 4/5th year birthday.

Now whether we get a 1DX4 or 7D4 remains to be seen, the R is testing the water, and I reckon the next R will test that water further.

IR1234's gear list:IR1234's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 7D Mark II +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow