* The Weekly Image Thread 19 01 13 #343 *

Started 1 week ago | Photos thread
WhyNot
WhyNot Veteran Member • Posts: 7,592
Re: Seagull 4A TLR test roll

Lu1Wang wrote:

Seagull is still producing the 4B model till today I believe. Lots of the home decoration dealers actually sell them as, you guessed it, home decorations!

Despite the lack of modern coating, the lens is still quite good and the price is very reasonable at around 80 USD for a 4B and 150 for a 4A

Re-reading the Wikipedia reference .. The 4A was made for export and the 109 model does have the modern lens coatings and may be purchased through Lomography. The B models are sold only in China and do not have the Tessar lens. …. However, checking the Lomography and B&H web sites I find no Seagull cameras only a recreation of an old Russian TLR ..but I seem to remember stumbling across a Seagull some years ago (within the last 5) on the B&H site …

WhyNot

Further research -- I found that Lomography produced a limited edition Seagull 4A-107 and read their announcement from their archives .. I suspect it sold out or maybe one or two in their storage …

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow