Fuji 56mm f1.2 or 16-55mm f2.8?

Started Jan 16, 2019 | Questions thread
Click4hope Junior Member • Posts: 44
Re: Fuji 56mm f1.2 or 16-55mm f2.8?

charley5 wrote:

Hi Everyone:

I am new to Fuji cameras and lenses and I am having difficulty deciding between these two lenses. Mostly it will be used for travel photography. I take posed street shots. In my last photo excursion I took pictures of children at a slum in New Delhi and previous to that I took pictures of gypsy road workers in an encampment in a small Himalayan town. As I say, all were posed. I am less interested in spontaneous street shots.

Any thoughts? I am sure there are people who use these lenses and have opinions regarding the above.

Thanks!

-Charles

Judging from the environments that you are shooting in then the weather resistance of the X-T2 16-55 combo might also be a factor.  The 56 isn't weather sealed.

Both lenses are excellent optically and I use them both.  For cultural reportage travel I would personally choose to take the 16-55 with the superb 90mm f2 and the optically delightful 35 f1.4 for indoor and night photography, if I could squeeze them in.

But some people do prefer to work with primes and there is something to be said for the discipline of one focal length to stimulate your creativity.

I suspect you won't be disappointed with the optical quality of either lens.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow