Fuji 56mm f1.2 or 16-55mm f2.8?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
charley5 Senior Member • Posts: 1,251
Fuji 56mm f1.2 or 16-55mm f2.8?

Hi Everyone:

I am new to Fuji cameras and lenses and I am having difficulty deciding between these two lenses. Mostly it will be used for travel photography. I take posed street shots. In my last photo excursion I took pictures of children at a slum in New Delhi and previous to that I took pictures of gypsy road workers in an encampment in a small Himalayan town. As I say, all were posed. I am less interested in spontaneous street shots.

My considerations:

The 16-55mm gives me a flexible focal range, is very sharp relative to other zoom lenses, and I can use it for the occasional landscape shots as well. Unfortunately it is heavy and thus less attractive as a travel lens.

The 56mm is a superb lens that is a little less heavy than the aforementioned zoom, and delivers excellent and natural quality. Downside is that in some situations I would like to have the flexibility of a zoom lens, particularly in my location relative to the subject, and in terms of the amount of background I wish to include.

Any thoughts? I am sure there are people who use these lenses and have opinions regarding the above.

Thanks!

-Charles

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow