Why Isn't Leica's M10-D ISO Dial A Problem?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Gandolphi Senior Member • Posts: 1,592
Re: Already

It helped to pass a weekend......

maxotics wrote:

Gandolphi wrote:

We don’t need mods, we just need to step back and pause.

I thought the topic was: does the Leica M10D lose it’s claim to minimalism by featuring a mechanical ISO adjustment dial? A feature not included on any previous Leica.

wrote:

Iliah Borg wrote:

maxotics wrote:

The topic of ISO, is it?

Seriously, what is your problem?

I have no problems, but you have m

Watch whole video

I started, and it is too blurry to watch, both photographically and conceptually.

Ciao.

You stated that it wasn't about ISO. Now the subject is blurriness? If you're not going to do your homework (watch the video) then don't argue what it is about. Stay on topic.

You're consistent with insults but have yet to offer one single fact about the question posed. I downloaded Mako2011's files. I analyzed them. I could see no difference I posted my results. Feel free to download those files and post your analysis.

Where are the MODs when you need them?

Thank you Gandolphi! Yes, that was my question and it remains an interesting one to me. I've framed it multiple times. I was wrong about ISO, but not so wrong as a practical photographer (IMHO). That is, I don't believe manually setting ISO gives you any real-world advantages. My way of letting the camera automatically set ISO (with my only watching it) is still best for me (and was for Leica I believe until recently). Anyway, I feel very beat up here. I'd love to continue the discussion but there's only so many times I can ask the same question. Thanks again!

Gandolphi's gear list:Gandolphi's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Leica M Typ 240 Leica SL (Typ 601) +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
LCT
LCT
LCT
LCT
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
LCT
LCT
LCT
LCT
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow