Need a monitor expert advice

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
calson Veteran Member • Posts: 9,326
Re: Need a monitor expert advice

A 4K monitor is overkill as I do not edit in 4K mode with video and do not need it for stills. You want 100% of the Adobe color space or you will have problems calibrating to get close to WSIWYG so prints look like what you saw on the screen.

All the labs I use will take/read an Adobe RGB (1998) files and if I shot sRGB then I would be using Costco for my prints and getting the best price.

If I was buying a new monitor today it would be the HP Z32 that sells for $899 and although it supports 4K resolution I would use a lower resolution that keeps my fonts at a readable size with PS and other applications. Reliability with the BenQ 4K monitors has been iffy at best and so they would not make my short list.

-- hide signature --

Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed. -- Herman Melville

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow