Looking for ideas. Portable, inflatable camera float

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
timbazi
timbazi New Member • Posts: 23
Re: Looking for ideas. Portable, inflatable camera float

PHXAZCRAIG wrote:

timbazi wrote:

Did you find a solution yet? I was thinking something like ice packs, could then fill them with a bit of water/sand if needed

Since I don't have any dive trips scheduled and it's too cold in the lakes here now to want to go there, I've not made progress.

However, I really like the idea of making a stiff floating tray that I can plop the camera on at the beginning of a dive and can then toss back in the boat. I could glue some polystyrene bits and get it shaped to hold the rig ahead of time. I'd have to have a way of making it small enough to pack in a suitcase too. Perhaps something that has a 'fitted tray' to hold the camera coupled with some simple inflatable parts to provide adjustable buoyancy and easy packing.

https://www.backscatter.com/group/Stix-Buoyancy-Floatyou could make something like these from those kids pool tube thingies?

[edit]: I was checking also some other floating devices and came across one called "baby neck float" see if any of those could make into it

timbazi's gear list:timbazi's gear list
Nikon D40 Olympus PEN E-PL1s Canon EOS 1200D Canon EOS M50 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow