Full-frame better than M4/3 in low light? Not always...

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
TN Args
TN Args Veteran Member • Posts: 7,202
Re: Myths

NCV wrote:

fft2000 wrote:

TN Args wrote:

NCV wrote:

Ilfotografo wrote:

Tommi K1 wrote:

Ilfotografo wrote:

Tommi K1 wrote:

Okapi001 wrote:

I wonder if you would be able to see any difference on a standard 30x40 cm exhibition print.

He wouldn't. And not even for well done larger ones.

He would be quessing, tossing a coin in air, or choosing by guess and sticking in the choice without actual visual information which one is which.

That would depend upon the subject.

Like what other than landscape, portrait, architecture, macro, still, sports, action, family, street....?

Of course if you choose subject that exactly goes past the 16Mpix limit, then you have huge benefit. But very rare.

Contrast between highlight and shadow areas, color differences, texture...

The discussion was about differences in low light performance, and that's not really a matter of resolution, so I don't think that the megapixel count is much of an issue.

I think some of these guys have never seen a good FF shot.

I think some of them have.

Even my old D700 has creamyness to the frames that my M43 stuff just does not have. This creamyness is down to noise.

mmmm, creamy noise, my favourite.

Come on... I think he is talking about lack of noise in FF shots.

I did some shots at base ISO too. the FF shots are smoother in this case too.

Then the cause is something else. Blur is smooth. Aliasing is smooth.

But noisy blur isn't smooth.

mmmm, get smooth, it's the latest in subjective unprovables. How you get it doesn't matter. Just get it.

Great attitude. Instead of asking what he really means just bash him...

Childish bashing is quite normal here when you do not say that M43 is the best and the only system Worth using.

Pop over to the various Full Frame forums and see if MF users are there, constantly, and I mean relentlessly and every single time, pointing out the second-rate nature of FF sensors.

You will find, oh, maybe 1% of the frequency that it happens here.

There is an issue here. A behavioural issue. And it is not the pro-m43 talk that is the issue.

TN Args's gear list:TN Args's gear list
Sigma dp0 Quattro Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow