Is this normal sharpness (sigma 150-600C)

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
OP Erwann Loison Regular Member • Posts: 116
Re: Is this normal sharpness (sigma 150-600C)

Tootsall wrote:

Yes, sounds like there may be an issue with that lens. There is/was a disc with a lot of radial lines (I think the image was on the B&H website in their Video section) which could be used to test for a decentered lens. I know I have a printout of it but seem to have lost the original web page and did not save an image of the "chart". Anyway... when I used the Sigma Dock on the lens I found that I ended up with different MFT settings for each of the 150/300/400/500/600 zoom settings which is why the Dock is so important rather than relying on the global MFT that the camera body provides. (I probably have those focal distances incorrect). As demonstrated however, it IS possible to get that thing working right and if Sigma will do a proper warrantee service job on it you should be good to go.

Good luck: hope you are able to pop back to this thread with the results of Sigma's work on the lens.

ps...I found the chart: you can just print it up, no need to buy it. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/717671-REG/Zeiss_1849_755_Siemens_Star_Test_Chart.html

Thank you for your hopes no worries i'll be posting shots if things improved

This chart is exactly the one i used but downloaded elsewhere

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow