Sold my A7III - here's why

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Steve W Veteran Member • Posts: 4,238
Sold my A7III - here's why

So full disclosure first . I owned the A7III, the A7RIII, and even the A9. The A9 lives with my GM 100-400mm f/4.5-56 on it so lets focus on the other two.

Today I sold and shipped my A7III to a buyer on FM. I did this because I had replaced it with a 2nd A7RIII. After using the A7iii next to the A7RIII since last April I decided that having two A7RIII was preferred since switching between them would be easier since the FOV for a given number of pixels would be the same. Of course the A7III and A7RIII are both FF and have the same FOV for any lens but the A7RIII has 75% more pixels .

So I upgraded the A7III to a second A7RIII since I found a lightly used one that was only $100 more than what I paid new for the A7III. Sure I did not get full price for the sale of the  A7III so the out of pocket expense was $450 to make the switch but I thought it was worth it. So here are the reasons I made the switch.

a) I shoot video only occasionally so the advantages of the A7III video were really not considered.

b) Love having the 42 Mpixels even though the large files can slow you down.

c) Lick the elimination of the AA filter

c) Like the better EVF and Rear display. Not a large difference but still a difference.

d) Like the better full titanium body including the back

e) Not probably going to ever stress it this far but a more robust shutter.

There are some things the A7III does better but most of them that matter to me the A9 does even better so that is my out if need be.

Thanks for your time. Don't know if you agree with changes I've made but I thought I would share them.

Steve W

-- hide signature --

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe! - Words to live by. Albert Einstein

Steve W's gear list:Steve W's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony a9 Sony a7R III Sony a7 III Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye +29 more
Sony a7 III Sony a7R III Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow