Newbie advice needed for Pentax *ist DSLR

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
User1303423862 Regular Member • Posts: 450
Newbie advice needed for Pentax *ist DSLR

Evening all.

I have some old Pentax K mount glass from my film SLR days with a Ricoh XR10, and thought it might be fun to try these old lenses out on a Pentax DSLR. I won a spares/repairs *ist DL off Ebay and I've got it to work by cleaning up the battery contacts. Shutter count is 603 and the camera looks great. I know it's the lowest model in the line-up but it seems to take good 6MP images with the DA SMC 18-55 AF lens it came with. The AF on the Sigma 35-70 Zoom Master I found in my lens bag works too. Bonus.

I've seen loads of conflicting advice about batteries on the PentaxForums website and wondered if anyone here could advise on the best options. The fairly fresh set of Duracell Ultra-Power AAs I put in indicate half power, and then after a couple of shots I get the battery depleted message.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Rog

-- hide signature --

How the heck did I end up with this username?

User1303423862's gear list:User1303423862's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax *ist DL
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow