E-M1MkII ProCap L and focus points

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jan Krux Regular Member • Posts: 395
E-M1MkII ProCap L and focus points

Hi folks

to be honest, even after 2 years with the MkII I still struggl with the ProCap focus settings.

As I understood the ProCapH only supports single focus and is not really useable for animals taking off in unexpected direction rapidly, which is a real pity, because when expecting a bird to fly off, often I only get the sitting bird and next only the feet in the frame (but completely OOF) when set in ProCap L. The bird was too fast.

I tried some settings today with a dragonfly and ProCap L. My question is about the setting of the focus points. When setting is on all, then it's very difficult to get the head/body in focus and not the wings. When setting is on 9 or 5 focus points and the animal starting off, all what is still in frame is most times completely out of focus.

Just to stress, I am using ProCap only for animals I expect to do something special soon. For BIF or Insects in flight I use fast H and C-AF with all focus points set.

To be honest, I am a bit frustrated about that currently.

Can anybody give me a helpful advise?

Many thanks in advance and regards from Cape Town,

Jan

Jan Krux's gear list:Jan Krux's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow