Indoor video with X-T2. Monopod?

Started Jan 10, 2019 | Discussions thread
NottsPhoto Senior Member • Posts: 1,686
Re: Indoor video with X-T2. Monopod?

10sj03 wrote:

i need occasional video for my kids school performance. I’m quite pleased with using the X-T2 for that but find it hard to keep the camera steady for long periods. How much will a monopod help? I have not used a monopod before. Tripod is not an option due to space. Thanks.

Joe

Look at the video monopod from manfrotto... it has a nice fluid head on it as well... if that’s too expensive benro do something cheaper.

We regularly shoot with a normal monopod,  using the 18-55 which has the OIS gives a very good result.

If you shoot at 4k for a 1080 output you could shoot a bit loose then apply warp stabiliser in post and resize afterward...  that combined with a monopod will ensure a good stable end product.

In reality you could shoot at 1080 and do the same thing if there is only a small amount of movement.

-- hide signature --

www.pageonephotography.co.uk
Striving hard to be the man that my dog thinks I am.

NottsPhoto's gear list:NottsPhoto's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow