Sony oficial service problem

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
IcyS Junior Member • Posts: 30
Sony oficial service problem

Hello guys,

One month ago my Sony A7III started to perform Camera error, which apparently was due to IBIS failure. I contacted Sony in my country (Spain, camera bought in Japan with 1 year worldwide warranty). and after a few obvious offers like reset, trying another card/lens they told me to contact to official service to send it for repair (there is only one service in another city, that covers TWO countries Spain and Portugal). I was told that the repair time with my type of a warranty will take around 48 hours, I’ve sent a camera on 27th of December and received it yesterda (it takes one day to arrive)y in even worse conditions. According to the statemen that was included in the box they have replaced the IBIS. Upon arrival of the camera after I switch it on there were horrible noises of IBIS and it was jumping around like crazy. After few attempts now it’s just permanently goes down after I switch it on. My initial problem with the camera was that it was giving me the error after 15-20 minutes of shooting. Now it doesn’t work at all. I’m completely devastated...they even replaced (have no idea why) my screen protector and have put another one horribly with dust and bubbles. This service has so many bad reviews everywhere but apparently Sony just doesn’t care. I’ve contacted with Sony Spain about that case but I really want to go higher to complain, because keeping this situation only in Spain will not change the situation with this service center. I love Sony cameras and I don’t won’t to switch to another manufacturer, but it terrifies me that if smth happens with my camera I will have to go through this service again. Anyone have ever complained to Sony about repairing services in a higher level? When you go to the worldwide website it’s said that all the emails will be redirected to the particular country department, so it leads us to nothing again. Any ideas how I can grab Sony’s attention on this case?

IcyS's gear list:IcyS's gear list
Sony a7 III
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow