Nikon Z6 -- Returned Locked

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
mbecke Contributing Member • Posts: 875
Nikon Z6 -- Returned

I did return my Z6.   Ultimately, the auto focus, especially the AF-C modes, and particularly the AF-C tracking mode, were just not adequate for the type of shooting I do.   It is too bad.   i liked the smaller size and weight of the camera.   I liked its bright, clear, informative viewfinder.   I liked being able to shoot and review without looking away from the viewfinder.   I loved in camera IBIS, and the great low light capabilities of this camera.   I liked not having to worry about AF fine tuning (lenses).   And I enjoyed using the touch screen menu very much - easy and informative.   But until the auto focus system at least approaches (and hopefully exceeds) the current capabilities of my Nikon D850, this camera must be a no-go.   Just not a high enough percentage of keepers.  Also, I very much missed being able to use my older D and screw lenses in AF mode -- and some of these old lenses are really great!   So, I will await the next iteration of mirrorless and give it another shot (pardon the pun) at that time.

Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
kwe
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD TOF guy
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow