KP Broken LCD Bracket

Started 2 weeks ago | Questions thread
AlexeyM
OP AlexeyM New Member • Posts: 12
Re: KP Broken LCD Bracket

Oiche wrote:

Nightmare! Very difficult to bend this bracket back to a perfect position again and certainly not while attached to the camera. Would your house insurance cover it?

I just got a K70, my first DSLR with a flippy screen but it operates on a single uni-pivot hinge. My thoughts were to never let it drop especially when open.

Makes you wonder about the KP having a full metal body but includes this weak point. The brackets on yours have taken the full force of the drop.

Did you have a camera strap? I always have at least a shortened strap on mine and always loop it around my hand first. I wouldn't use a camera without one.

Thanks, I do have (and 99.9% use) a strap. This was one time I was foolishly held it in my hand, instead of looping around, and had a few too many things. This is literally the first time I ever drop a camera in a decade or so since I starting having cameras. Must have gotten overconfident!

AlexeyM's gear list:AlexeyM's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax KP Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow