What should I buy next? Where are cameras going?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DocS Regular Member • Posts: 304
What should I buy next? Where are cameras going?

At this time, I am fully invested in Canon.  I have four Canon L-lenses and I’ve been very happy with Canon.

I’m not a professional photographer, but I do shoot a lot of sports.  At present, I’m finding that my 5D Mark 3 isn’t quite meeting my needs.  So I want something better.

I wasn’t interested in the 5D Mark 4, for a few reasons.  I’m considering the 1DX Mark 2.  I make a good living, so money isn’t an issue for me - I’m willing to spend money on a camera that is more capable than I am.  That being said, I don’t want to spend a lot of money on something that will be quickly outdated by major changes in design.

Where are pro cameras going?  And how fast will they get there?

I’m thinking that, at some point, pro cameras will be mirrorless and even shutterless.  I’d hate to drop $5000-plus on a 1DX Mark 2 only to find that the next pro-level Canon will do away with mirrors and shutters (weak points on any camera).

Thoughts?

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
cjb
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow