AVCHD Files Not fully Deleting

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
uRebel Rob Senior Member • Posts: 1,537
Re: AVCHD Files Not fully Deleting

Rupert The Camera Man wrote:

Hello all, I own a Lumix G7 and recently I recorded a concert in AVCHD. Well I moved the videos off my card like I usually do with MP4s and RAW, I cut and paste the file into my drive. Well I think I missed something because the camera still shows the "placeholder" for lack of a better word. The camera says the files are still on the card but it cannot play them. Does anyone know their way around Panasonic's formatting system and can tell me where the placeholders are? Thanks all!

AVCHD is a whole file and folder structure. Check out the wikpedia on it. The page includes a structure diagram of how panasonic and canon do it, including indexs, video files, thumbnails, etc.

Also, the way most cameras format cards, and specifically how panasonic formats modern cards, formatting actually extends the life of the card, over moving (or copy and deleting) files.

uRebel Rob's gear list:uRebel Rob's gear list
Pentax K-1 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Pentax FA 28-105mm F3.5-5.6 Nikon D5100 +21 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow