Olympus future looking bleak

Started Jan 8, 2019 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Searching Veteran Member • Posts: 3,824
Olympus future looking bleak

I really am depressed with the way things are going with  Olympus.  Nikon will be coming out with new lenses for the z series, hand held high resolution functions and improved video etc.  Canon are sure to follow.  Olympus is gearing up towards a bigger body when all others are trying to make smaller bodies.

I wonder if technology hasn't run up against a wall with M43 format.  Might be time to switch to a dual system set up for me, keep olympus OMD1.2 and lenses for smaller size and in good light and get a second system for low light and narrow dof.  My current canon gear,  which includes a 7D and 1DMK3 with several canon  lenses, including some L lenses fail to compare with my current Olympus lenses in most categories, so time to trade all of that in for something mirrorless in the future as waiting for improvements with Olympus seems doomed.  I'm not a sports shooter and doubt sensor improvements will be noticeably better.  Performance will increase but no other real IQ gains.

I hope I'm wrong.

Searching's gear list:Searching's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +3 more
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NCV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow