KP Broken LCD Bracket

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AlexeyM
AlexeyM New Member • Posts: 12
KP Broken LCD Bracket

After only owning the Pentax KP for a couple of months, I've done the stupid thing and dropped it on concrete floor. After swallowing a couple of tears and a few choice insults toward myself, I looked at the damage. Luckily, it seems that the camera functions fine, at least according to the few test-shots I've done so far. The lens (tamron 17-50) also appears unaffected. However, it seems that the LCD bracket has bent/shifted in a way that the screen doesn't retract completely into its space. It also appears to not come out as far as it did before.

I tried pushing the screen down with fingers, but it didn't budge at all.

Does anyone have experience with detaching/attaching the bracket and what kind of tools did you use? Any insight is appreciated!

The farthest the screen retracts

Same, from above

The farthest the screen comes out, without articulating upward. I seem to remember it going farther.

Back bracket clearly misaligned

The bracket is held by two small screws, but I can't figure which tool I'd need to loosen/tighten them.

Screw viewed from outside

Viewed from inside

View from under the camera. It seems the left bracket is slightly bent too.

AlexeyM's gear list:AlexeyM's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax KP Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax KP
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow