Macros taken with mediocre lens and worst camera

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Holger Bargen Veteran Member • Posts: 3,470
Macros taken with mediocre lens and worst camera

Dear all,

at the moment I go through my folders with photos takenthe last few years.

I found a folder containing photos taken with K-S1 (worst camera of the year in 2014) plus the old Pentax K 1352.5 lens.

Many Pentaxians like K-series lenses and also this 135 mm lens - but it was tested to be mediocre regarding its opticalperformance:

https://www.opticallimits.com/pentax/143-pentax-smc-k-135mm-f25-review--lab-test-report?start=1

I had a Novoflex bellows between lens and camera and I used an old Sigma flash with diffusor on it.

Some call it their "pink monster" and indeed the colour renders a little strange on digital sensors. And this was the reason why I copied the flies to my computer but did not do any further work on them when Itook the photos in summer 2015. And I also stopped to use this combo for my macro work (the K-S1 is sitll a great camera for this job).

Today, I did some post-processing of these photos (from RAWs) in ON1 2018. All photos are cropped and if they have maximum pixel count of 2400 for longest side they were downsized using Irfan View.

And here are the results:

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

Comments and critics are welcome!

Best regards

Holger

Holger Bargen's gear list:Holger Bargen's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-S1 Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +6 more
Pentax K-S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
mxx
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow