Photography website template

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
OP sgwelly Regular Member • Posts: 484
Re: Photography website template

River Light wrote:

sgwelly wrote:

Hello everyone, I am trying to set up a Wordpress website to portray the thousands of photos i have taken over a few decades. If anyone is using a Wordpress template or know of one, would appreciate if you wouldn’t mind sharing.

I too am beginning to look at WordPress templates. At the moment I quite like some of the work of Pixelgrade.

Regarding image file sizes for online display. In organising the design of a corporate website by outside, professional designers, I was advised that search engine algorithms, such as used by Google, penalise sites with poor image load times. Especially now as, globally, more sites are viewed on phones than PCs.

Our designers highly recommended TinyPNG -- that does a very good job of compressing JPEGs as well as PNGs, much better and quicker than having a go in PhotoShop.

BTW, I don't really understand why you'd want to place thousands of hi-res images in the public sphere like this. Isn't it just opening up your collection to intentional and unintentional mis-use? Not only online, but in the print world as well?

I understand your point on uploading to high res images. I have since downsized the image into something that can easily be loaded on to a phone.

I am not planning on uploading all of my photos. That was never my intention. I was merely stating that I have thousands of photos and it will be a waste of no one gets to see it. All images I post online has a water mark. Not that it will prevent intentional or unintentional misuse, I am hoping it will at least deter to an extent.

sgwelly's gear list:sgwelly's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow