Dead AF on DFA* 1.4

Started Jan 4, 2019 | Discussions thread
Roland Karlsson Forum Pro • Posts: 29,110
Re: Dead AF on DFA* 1.4. FIXED

MightyMike wrote:

Great to see this fixed, however what a problem, I hope this isn't a sign of cost cutting but rather just a one off fluke.

It looks kind of strange with those contacts bent like that. I have now looked at my lenses with internal AF. The contacts have no tendency at all at being bent.

You guys that have a DFA* 50/1.4, can you take a look at your contacts? And maybe take a picture how they should look?

Adam007 wrote:

So, I tried cleaning the contacts again. I noticed one of the two gold contacts on the lens was bent in the wrong direction (outward). I pressed it back into place, and voila! It looks like this:

Look closely at the contact on the left (just above the screw).

Two things: I assume this got bent while changing the lens, but I’ve changed lenses a zillion times, and this seems a bit unlucky. Also, I’m a little surprised there is no redundancy here; this contact is sill sticking out a bit from the lens body, and if it gets jostled again, it might not be such a quick fix.

Thanks to everyone, particularly those who insisted this sounded like a lens-body communication problem. And if anyone has suggestions about that stray contact (I think it’s best to leave well enough alone, but I don’t know), I’d love to hear from you.

-- hide signature --

/Roland
Kalpanika X3F tools:
https://github.com/kalpanika/x3f

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sony RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
MOD Labe
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow