Much better than expected mini tripod

Started Jan 5, 2019 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sympa Senior Member • Posts: 2,415
Much better than expected mini tripod

As a new year's resolution I want to do some more shots in the city with ND filters and a tripod.

I already had a Pixi Evo. Anyway here they are side by side. The Pixi in the 'high' position, the Xiletu adjusted to match:

The Xiletu legs have a lot of friction and can be adjusted to an arbitrary position. It is a bit fiddly to get them equal. The ball head does have a tiny bubble level.

The supplied plate is a bit narrover than an Arca plate. My Arca style plate can be fitted, but 'jaw' stays open much wider - I don't recommend this.

The screw knob is to mount the plate. The lever is to lock the ball head. The ball still has some friction in the unlocked position, enough to keep the camera in position when it is centered.

The whole thing seems very stable - the only point where things are flexing seem to be the rubber feet, which have quite some flex in them.

Legs at same height as the Pixi Evo high position. Best to have a leg straight under the lens for stability.

Xiletu in its low position.

One observation is that the Pixi is all smooth edges and plastic. The Xiletu comes with a pouch, but could more easily cause scratches. also included were hook & loop band (fitting the slots in the legs) and an allen key (to adjust the friction of the legs) and a spare nut (?).

The ball head and the legs can be easily separated.

Sympa's gear list:Sympa's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS Canon EF-S 10-18mm F4.5–5.6 IS STM +2 more
Sympa's score
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow