Nikon Z 50mm f/1.8 s - bokeh thread

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Matei H New Member • Posts: 19
Re: Nikon Z 50mm f/1.8 s - bokeh thread

Hi Gozby! Nothing wrong with these images but IMHO the bokeh looks too busy. I'm not sure if it's the 1.8 aperture or just the lens design. Seems like a pretty sharp lens, just doesn't get me excited. I don't find enough 'character' like in the Summicron, or the Sony Zeiss 50mm 1.4 or even the Zeiss 1.8 or less sharper lenses like the 58mm 1.4 Nikon or the 50mm 1.2 Canon. And yes the super sharp Sigma seemed very clinical until I saw these images... sorry just my opinion.

Gobzy wrote:

Got my 50S about one week ago, and since then, it has been a love affair

Not being a techie, I can't really "debate" about the OOF areas. At least I like to play with these...

Playing with the OOF background:

In the real world, "street" genre: shots from the hip:

Just to give an idea of the background at f/5.6, when very close to the subject

For my use, I don't see what is so wrong/ugly with the "bokeh" of this lens. I find it very usable and fun to play with. As well the lens is really sharp from edge to edge even at f/1.8, and shows a nice subject "isolation" as well as a great subject "modelling and density"...

Cheers

-- hide signature --

www.mateihorvath.com

Matei H's gear list:Matei H's gear list
Nikon D3S Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow