Buy Z6 to replace my D750?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Luftwalk Regular Member • Posts: 189
Buy Z6 to replace my D750?

So my question is if I should wait for the rumored D760 or get a Z6 to replace my D750. The Z7 and D850 are not in consideration due to higher resolution.

I like to shoot birds and wildlife in general, but do a bit of everything apart from landscape. I am a hobbyist and not a full time photographer aside from a few gigs. My lens lineup consists of two older Tamrons (28-75 and 17-35) a Tamron 70-200 G2 and two Sigmas (120-300 Sport and 100-400 C with matching TCs).

The two older Tamrons will probably not work on the Z6 so they would most likely need to be replaced which further increases costs of going to the Z system. My main worry about the Z6 though is the tracking AF...is it at least comparable to the D750? Can anyone make some comparisons?

Luftwalk's gear list:Luftwalk's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Sigma 24-35mm F2 DG HSM Art Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR +3 more
Nikon D750 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow