A used low cost tough Pentax, second camera for trip

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Johnny555 Regular Member • Posts: 132
A used low cost tough Pentax, second camera for trip

I need a second ‘cheap’ weather sealed setup for a big trip. I had several of the K’s up to the 7. I’d grab a K-70 but it’s more than I want to spend. I just bought the Fuji X100F. I’ll let that be my (prime, advanced) camera. I want a tough beater for the jungle.

I can can get a nice K5ii body for $325 I think, and the 18-55 WR is fine for $100. $425 is about the top end for me. I want to worry about it and it fits the budget. I’ll be in a small beach town in Brazil surrounded by jungle.

I’ll have the X100F on me at all times and use it for general stuff, indoor or portraits. The Pentax as a run and gun, in bad weather or rugged outings. I loved the k-7. K5ii can only be better.

If you have a better idea or model let me know. I found the K5ii on eBay from a private US seller, but any spot you have to buy it let me know. K-50, k5? Any help would be appreciated.

Johnny555's gear list:Johnny555's gear list
Fujifilm XQ1
Fujifilm X100F Pentax K-5 Pentax K-50 Pentax K-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow