X-T2 to X-Pro2?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ViMa
ViMa Senior Member • Posts: 1,414
X-T2 to X-Pro2?

Hi all and happy new year to those in the East of where I'm at or those who'll read this in a few hours here or to the West.

I've owned an X-T2 since the end of September. I bought it new. The truth, as I've mentioned several times in other threads, is that I generally always preferred the X-Pro2. I'm a big fan of the rangefinder style.

Having said all that, I've really been enjoying the X-T2. I don't really care about the tilty screen though I sometimes have use for it. The EVF is beautiful and amazing. However, Igenerally do prefer for the viewfinder to be on the left of the camera. I find it much more comfortable.

There's some guy selling an used X-Pro2 like new (he claims there's no scratches or marks or anything). He's happy to swap it with my X-T2, or even get my XF 14mm as well and throw in some money.

The first minus to making such a swap would be that i'd be giving up what is basically a new camera for a 2 year old used (by someone else) camera.

I've spent a few hours reading comparisons and basically the academic conclusion is that they are two cameras that are almost the same. From a practical perspective, the X-T2 is superior. It has far better a viewfinder, better AF-C and more modes to it, more knobs and dials and the tilty screen. On the other hand, the X-Pro2 has the Hybrid OVF. I used to own an X100F and loved it. Towards the end though, I realised that I used mostly the EVF instead of the OVF on it.

So: what says you? The main reasons to swap would be to get the rangefinder style, the EVF to the left and a somewhat more rugged build. The cons are I'd be giving up what is basically a new camera for a used one, i'd get a worse viewfinder, lose the tilty screen and extra knobs and dials.

Overall, I'm leaning towards keeping my X-T2 even though I think I generally would prefer the X-Pro2. I would appreciate some opinions though.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Vittorio

ViMa's gear list:ViMa's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR 7artisans 35mm F1.2 7artisans 55mm F1.4 +2 more
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow