a6500 issue

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
José B
José B Forum Pro • Posts: 19,058
Re: a6500 issue

wine540 wrote:

I got a new a6500 from B+H. Loved the camera,size,form,factor,handling etc. but after a day started to get the error message: "Camera error. Turn camera off and then back on again." That didn't work, but removing the battery and replacing it always did. I returned the camera to B+H.

This issue was discussed in this forum for the a6000. I did some research and discovered that this is a commonly reported problem for the whole "a" series. Never happened with my a7iii though. I contacted Sony and they advised to return the camera for repair if the problem occurs repeatedly.

Is this going to pop-up sometimes later? Is it a QC issue for just some cameras. I don't know what to make of this. Never had the problem with Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic or Canon.

I am looking for a perspective on Sony cameras with regard to QC and stability. ?time to look for another brand.

The A6500 is my third NEX-A6000 series camera and I never had any such issue with them. The only problem I had with the A6000 and my new A6500 pertains to the battery. In the A6000, the battery door gets sticky and it got solved by itself. And I had the new battery (the one that came in the box of the A6500) got stuck inside the new camera. The camera store pulled it out for me and gave me a new battery.

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Sony a6500 Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow