Nikon Z6, Z7 and Canon EOS R low-light ISO scores?

Started Dec 4, 2018 | Discussions thread
agukha Regular Member • Posts: 231
Re: Nikon Z6, Z7 and Canon EOS R low-light ISO scores?

bclaff wrote:

Historicity wrote:

The thing is, a chart doesn't provide evidence that there will be a negative result. No one involved in the storm and stress aftermath of the DPreview review claimed there was a negative effect. They argued that they would rather introduce the NR themselves. But time has passed. Others have reviewed the K1ii and placed it very high in their ratings. No one has complained of soft images because of noise reduction. ...

Well, of course they aren't "soft" if the signal processing is both noise reduction and sharpening. But I would never want my raw files manipulated in that way and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that. Clearly it can be turned on/off; too bad they didn't simply expose that to the user.

Well, this chart shows that something is done, I'm not sure it says how, neither if it has unwanted effects.

When they make cameras, they probably have decided that outside a specific range, the IQ of the image is better if they change the algorithm used. So they change the algorithm, if the difference is greater for the KP and K1-II, it does not mean it is bad automatically.

It can also mean that the algorithm used by other brand are not as effective, not a reason to say that the ones doing better are wrong ^^

In another way, it could mean that the "improved" algorithm used below 1600 iso would make the K1-II go higher... and "better" for this measure, but worst for another reason. So the change could be seen the other way, below 1600 iso only, how can we know ?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow