Help with Aperture "A" mode on LX10

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
phaet2112 Regular Member • Posts: 129
Help with Aperture "A" mode on LX10

Looking for some experience with the LX10 (US model) compact camera and its aperture/A mode.

When selecting a bright aperture in A, the benefit of having the lens open up to f1.4-2, the shutter speed picked by the camera is just way too low.  Here are some examples- one taken in the intelligent Auto mode (iA) and two taken in aperture (A) priority mode.  Intelligent auto mode picked a shutter speed of 1/125 at f1.4 and iso of 1600.  I'm fine with that.

Hi millie!

However, using aperture priority, it picked a shutter speed of 1/6 (!) with f2.0 and iso 1600.  That's just silly shutter speed that I don't see with my G85.

Exposure is bright for millie

Another picture in aperture priority, another too low shutter speed- this time 1/20 with f2.0 and iso 1600.

Better exposure, still too slow shutter speed.

I went for the LX10 because I have a G85  (and FZ200) and I love it (and aperture priority is something I shoot in majority of the time with the G85 when I'm not doing shutter priority for outdoor soccer games/sports).  I had thought that the familiarity with the menu system and 4k photo styles would help vs. the RX100 III, but man, why is the aperture picking such awful shutter speeds?  I am hoping there is some experience I can draw upon here, even if there aren't many posts about the LX10.

phaet2112's gear list:phaet2112's gear list
Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic G85 Panasonic LX10 Sony RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow