ACR/Photoshop Replacement

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
jackkurtz Veteran Member • Posts: 4,598
Re: ACR/Photoshop Replacement

Kirkdi wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking at options for Raw conversion and Photo editing software.

I currently have a subscription to the Adobe Creative Suite at work that gives me usage on two computers and I use one seat at home since I often need to do work stuff from home.

I just purchased a new laptop and I thought maybe it's time to get my own software to use on that device but I'm not interested in the monthly subscription model of Adobe's.

Just purchased a G9 so that would be my primary camera though I have other Panasonic cameras.

Kirk

Your subscription gives you usage on two computer and you use one seat at home. Is your second seat used at work or is it open? If it's open, I would use it on your laptop.

I like Capture One and I would normally recommend it as an excellent option to LR. But it might be complicated going back and forth from LR on your home computer to C1 on your laptop. If you decide to do this, you might want to consider migrating your personal work over to Capture One and keeping your work work in LR/PS.

-- hide signature --
 jackkurtz's gear list:jackkurtz's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow