How to compare lens sharpness on different formats?

Started Dec 7, 2018 | Discussions thread
OP rsant Regular Member • Posts: 298
Re: How to compare lens sharpness on different formats?

MrBrightSide wrote:

OK have we now help to clarify you’re thinking about how one would go about comparing “sharpness“ between camera formats? Or have we just made the water even muddier?

So original poster, what are you going to do now with this information

I have received many interesting and positive information MrBrightSide. But I have to admit, using your own words that in some aspects this has "just made the water even muddier"... I guess that there are no definite answer to my original question...

I do respect all of you and have learned a lot from this forum, I think that, from now, I have no "objective" tools to really answer that. So I guess that I should keep looking, studying and, more important, shooting!

I am not a pro photographer, neither, plan to be. I shoot just over 100,000 photos/year. This is spread among work (medical/scientific documentation) and family/travel/fun.

Just love photography and always trying to improve and look for better options to make this hoppy even more enjoyable. You guys are always positive to help and I appreciate that.

Thus, would like to take the chance to thank all of you and to wish you all happy holidays!

Best,

Ron

rsant's gear list:rsant's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D7200 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow