I need an honest answer to my question re lens

Started Dec 22, 2018 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Old Timer63
Old Timer63 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,879
I need an honest answer to my question re lens

OK, I have quite a number of Fuji lenses as you can see in my profile. I have been having problems with my upper body muscles around my chest. I have had the problem for a number of years after a days shooting my muscles around my breast bones become tender. This time of year there is like for most of us more tension in the air and last week I did some awkward angle hand held video shooting with the XH1 and have been suffering since then. Today we went up to the coast for a walk about and I would normally put my Domke vest over a light jacket and load up my lenses but today being uncomfortable I decided to just put the 18-55 on the camera and make do and the walk about was just so nice not to have the weight and lens changing made so much difference BUT and there is always a BUT, I was lacking reach on the long end but never the less I enjoyed the day. Image quality from the 18-55 is OK but obviously not on par with my better lenses. I started to think about the 18-135 that would give me that extra bit of reach and would probably suffice for my wife and my fresh air walk abouts keeping the weight of multiple lenses down. I`m not giving up my photography that I love but have got to find a way of dealing with these pains at my age of 74 ( I wonder if anyone else suffers similar?)

So, I need an honest answer from you guys who have got some of the better Fuji lenses and are pretty fussy. How does that 18-135 really fair against the other Fuji glass. I`m not worried about a wide aperture for these times but do need the IQ to at least approach the better lenses. My 55-200 is a stellar lens and if the IQ could get anywhere near that I would be more that satisfied. As I say, I can use my other lenses when I go for a particular subject but this will be an everyday walk about lens and I always have a camera with me come rain or shine.

Sorry for the long post, I have got the nod from her who must be obeyed "at all times" and would probably part ex the 18-55 to get the cost down.

Thanks for any replies and please don`t let this turn into a flame up.

Dave

-- hide signature --
 Old Timer63's gear list:Old Timer63's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Fujifilm X-T10 +19 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow