Fast and Sharp - A real bargain when bought with the camera

Started Dec 20, 2018 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
D200_4me
D200_4me Veteran Member • Posts: 4,741
Fast and Sharp - A real bargain when bought with the camera

I don't have much more to say about this lens since it has been reviewed by quite a few pros and other enthusiasts already, but in my 1.5 months with this lens on the Nikon Z7, my thoughts are...

•  It's a very nice size and weight (not too big/heavy, not too small - balances very well on the Z7).
  • It's very sharp even near the edges of the frame.  Sharper than my previous Nikon 24-120 f/4, Nikon 24-85, Tamron 28-75 and various others.  
  • Autofocus with this lens on the Z7 is fast and accurate and also near silent (I doubt you would hear any AF noise when using the built-in camera mics, if you needed to).  If there was any sign of AF noise picked up in video, the room would probably have to be silent.  It's nothing at all like the old 'Silent Wave' AF lenses from Nikon.  It's very quiet.
  • Build quality is excellent and of course it's weather sealed.  
  • Value?  It's around $1,000 separately, but if you buy it bundled with the Z 6 or Z 7, you'll save $400.  At $600 then, it's a bargain.
-- hide signature --
 D200_4me's gear list:D200_4me's gear list
Nikon Z7 Sony a6100 Nikon Z5 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 +3 more
Nikon Nikkor Z 24-70mm F4 S
Zoom lens • Nikon Z
Announced: Aug 23, 2018
D200_4me's score
Average community score
Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow