When would you not carry the 50-140 for travel?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
LightDriver Regular Member • Posts: 186
Re: When would you not carry the 50-140 for travel?

I have never traveled with my 50-140.  I use it at home and on car trips where transporting it is not an issue.  For travel (airplane, trains, cruise ships) I purchased a 55-230 II and it is sharp, lightweight, compact and cheap.  You just have to reset expectations about autofocus speeds after using the 50-140.

jli54 wrote:

I'm going to Spain next spring for 2 weeks and was thinking of leaving my 50-140 behind due to weight concerns. I normally use mid-range zoom for zoos and medium length wildlife around where I live. I'd carry it on a more landscape oriented trip such as national parks where things are more vast. But I'm thinking in places like Europe where the focus is more on cities and cultural attractions, a large telephoto zoom makes you stand out and would be heavy to carry around. If I were into street portraits, I would consider it. Is this how others feel? Or do you bring this lens everywhere since it's so good?

-- hide signature --
 LightDriver's gear list:LightDriver's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T3
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow