Lumix GX8 and SDXC UHS-II cards

Started Nov 21, 2015 | Discussions thread
MtnBikerCalif Regular Member • Posts: 224
Re: Lumix GX8 and SDXC UHS-II cards

Macintosh Sauce wrote:

I have confirmed with my new Lumix GX8 that the SDXC UHS-II cards do indeed work. Formatted them on my Mac, then inserted in the camera and formatted them for the GX8.

I have two Lexar Professional 128 GB ones (x1000 speed) from the Samsung NX1 I sold this week, and I was able to record RAW + JPG at the same time. I took it out of the GX8 and put it in my MacBook Pro, and I was able to copy the photos over to my Desktop.

But the GX8 is using it as a UHS-I per other posting and Panasonic.

Why would you format them on your Mac instead of in camera? I doubt it makes much difference these days, but just to play it safe.

From what I can tell from reading posts, the UHS-II might download faster with the correct reader. But only the SD card slot for iMac Pro list support for UHS-II. The Retina iMac only says "SDXC card slot."

Awaiting delivery of GX8 so have been researching cards. I used to worry more about future proofing but these developments are slowing down, and I hope to have the camera for a couple of years and who know if I'll need UHS-II or III or a microSD or what.

MtnBikerCalif's gear list:MtnBikerCalif's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow