Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark ii & M.Zuiko. Digital ED 300mm F4.OIS Pro lens problem

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
robplum
robplum New Member • Posts: 21
Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark ii & M.Zuiko. Digital ED 300mm F4.OIS Pro lens problem

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark ii camera updated with version 2.2 update coupled with a M.Zuiko. Digital ED 300mm F4.OIS Pro lens (with 1x4 teleconverter) that has been updated with version 1.4 using Olympus update program.

I’m having issues with the camera to the extent that a new one is in the mail heading my way.

The camera is freezing, a black screen displaying MF appears while jammed, however manual focus is set in camera as inoperative. If I shake the camera it restarts auto focusing.

Yesterdays spent hours reading every entry in the latest after update 2.2 User Manual however I haven’t resolved the problem.

I understand (right or wrong) CAF TR only works using the mechanical shutter not the electronic shutter. In first instance I thought it was the stabilization (5 way) that had broken loose within the camera body, so went ahead and purchased a new camera on the strength of that thought.

Today I am not so sure it’s the stabilization that’s causing a clunk sound, and MF appears on screen in eye view, focusing frozen and black screen.

Can anyone please offer assistance?

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow