Looking for a super-zoom (1,000mm+ equivalent) compact camera with a high quality lens.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Adielle
Adielle Contributing Member • Posts: 847
Looking for a super-zoom (1,000mm+ equivalent) compact camera with a high quality lens.

Hi. I've been checking the "superzoom" small sensor cameras and I'm having a problem finding one with very effective stabilization and a sharp lens that doesn't have an insane amount of chromatic aberration. So far, the sharpest I've found is the Panasonic FZ80, but that one has an especially high amount of chromatic aberration, worse than even the Nikon B700.

P1000 is out of the question because of the weight and size, P900 is worse than B700 when taking the lens's softness and worse sensor and the weight into account, SX70 HS has a very soft lens too, all the Kodak cameras' lenses are extremely soft except at the center...

So is there anything better out there?

Canon PowerShot SX70 Nikon Coolpix B700 Nikon Coolpix P1000 Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic FZ80/FZ82
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow