Panoramas + extras with the A6000

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jmw4 Regular Member • Posts: 345
Panoramas + extras with the A6000

Here are some of my favorite panorama's from 2018 along with a few extras. All panoramas are 1:3 aspect ratio and downsized to 4000 pixels on the long end, the rest of the pictures are downsized to 2000 pixels on the long end.

Sunset in La Fouly, Switzerland. The full size image dimensions after cropping and leveling are 15951 x 5317 and stitched together from 7 vertical frames. I posted a single frame of this sunset a few weeks ago that was zoomed in slightly tighter but never shared this full panorama of the scene.

Epic mountain peaks as seen from Chamonix, France. The full size image dimensions after cropping and leveling are 16060 x 5359 and stitched together from 7 vertical frames. After backpacking in the Alps for a few weeks I stayed in Chamonix, France for a couple days to rest. On one of those evenings I took a stroll and the clouds parted and gave me this view of these peaks above Chamonix.

Sunset from my campsite high on the Tahoe Rim overlooking Lake Tahoe. The full size image dimensions after cropping and leveling are 10795 x 3598 and stitched together from 3 horizontal frames. Unfortunately I forgot turn off AF during this panorama so it didn't come out seamless if you zoom in and examine. The first two frames are properly focused while the last frame caught the focus of some branches right in front of me. It won't make a great huge print but its still acceptable for the internet or a smaller print.

The Crystal Range and Lake Aloha in Desolation Wilderness on the Tahoe Rim Trail. The full size image dimensions after cropping and leveling are 16727 x 5576 and stitched together from 9 vertical frames. Lake Aloha is usually about 6 feet higher than it is in this picture.

Ancient ruins shadowed by the west side of the Mont Blanc massif during sunset. I walked past this ruin shortly before arriving to my campsite for the evening. If you look to the right in the middle of the frame you can actually see the trail I took to reach my campsite. Right where the trail wraps around that ridge is about where I camped that evening.

I camped about 300 feet from where this picture was taken. This series of falls was found beneath some peaks one night after setting up my tent and wondering around looking for good compositions.

One of the smaller lakes on the 5 Lakes Trail above Zermatt. There was a side trail that led around the lake off from the main route so I took it and luckily found this small break in the tree's with a view of the Matterhorn in between.

The Matterhorn as seen from one of the decent from the 5 Lakes Trail. Instead of taking a cable car down from the area the lakes are in my wife and I chose to walk back to Zermatt and we're' thankful we did. We passed many small cottages and got some pretty unique views of the matterhorn.

Fall in New Harmony State Park.

The Milky Way as seen from Garden of the Gods in Shawnee National forest. The small town down on the horizon is Herod, IL. I set my tripod up and walked in front of the frame before the shutter released and tried to stay as still as possible for 20 seconds. I posted this SOOC Jpeg a couple months ago but just got around to processing the RAW file recently.

-- hide signature --

Long Distance Hiker: AT, PCT, CTx2, TMB, TRT

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow