XF 18-135... opinions?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GeralH Forum Member • Posts: 65
XF 18-135... opinions?

Hi there guys!

What is your opinion on this zoom? The Fujinon XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR?

Some background:

Im going to buy an X-T3 this new year, and im going to use it for travel and street photography mainly. Im not going to buy it with the kit zoom, because i rarely use a standard zoom once i get a prime.

My first lens will be the prime XF 23 F2, mainly because i really like that FL and this would be the "all-around" lens ill be using mainly while im at home, daily. The other lens i was contemplating was the XF 50 F2, to complement the initial kit (which ill be buying eventually).

But i realized that using just 2 primes to travel (23 and 50) might not be a good idea. Then i saw the 18-135, it seems a better idea to have that and the 23 to start my kit, and grow from there. Why is it better the 18-135 for me? I really dont like zooms, i prefer primes, but i cannot deny the convenience of having a zoom, so my initial thought is to not buy the 18-55 and just go for the 18-135, since it is more versatile in FL, which is the only reason i would use the zoom.

What are your thoughts on this lens? Is it good? Is it better than the 18-55?, You guys that have it, would you buy it again if you have to? Or you wish you have never bought it in the first place?

Thanks for reading and i appreciate all your answers.

GeralH's gear list:GeralH's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 24mm F2.8 STM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow