X-T1 vs competition -

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Max Iso
Max Iso Senior Member • Posts: 6,641
X-T1 vs competition -

Hi guys, some BG info real fast. Im currently an EM1 owner but with not much invested in the system. Im currently shopping for an upgrade and after checking prices, an XT1 and 90mm f/2 is within my budget. Im primarily a portrait shooter, using E shutter whenever possible. I will also be using flash when needed.

Just looking for any personal experience on how these compare. I have the option to pick up an EM1-II in MFT, or buy the Olympus 75mm f/1.8 to use on my EM1 (mark 1). An alternative is the Fuji setup i mention above, but im at a loss for direct comparisons of the two.

Not looking for a brand flame war, just any personal experience (or link references) on how these two kits would stack up. Off the top so far, the Fuji 90mm would give a bit better DOF control and the sensor output i think would be better being it's apsc and xtrans. The Oly 75 and Fuji 90 actually seem very similar in IQ and price.

Is there any common complaints about the XT1? Is low light AF acceptable or terrible? How is the C-AF with current FW? Is the 90mm f/2 slow focusing? Does the XT1 offer auto ISO SS settings? Any insight is appreciated, i have until monday to make a choice.

-- hide signature --

"You taught me hate, I'll teach you fear..." -

Max Iso's gear list:Max Iso's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +6 more
Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow