DSLR or rangefinder form factor

Started 1 month ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hchris Regular Member • Posts: 113
DSLR or rangefinder form factor

I recently read somewhere (I think it was an older post on Fujirumors.com) that the DSLR-style Fuji cameras, i.e., X-Tx, X-Txx, X-H1, X-T100, sell much better compared to their rangefinder-style brethren (X-Prox, X-Ex, X100x, X70, XF10, X-Ax) and I was wondering why this might be so.

I came to Fuji from the X100T, which I loved, but eventually traded in for a X-E3 to be able to mount different lenses. Very recently, however, I "needed" to swap the X-E3 for a X-T20. The reason being is that I need to wear glasses now and find using the EVF really annoying, so I've switched to using the back LCD exclusively and much prefer to be able to tilt it in order to get a better viewing angle. Long story short: I'm using a DSLR-style Fuji for the tilt-able back LCD, but would prefer to have a rangefinder styled one with the same functionality.

I would therefore be very interested to hear from other users on this forum: What kind of Fuji are you using, and did you pick this form factor only for aesthetic reason, or because you wanted a certain feature that was not available in the other family?

hchris's gear list:hchris's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
POLL
DSLR form factor (X-Tx, X-Tx0, X-H1, X-T100, X-T100)
40.7% 22  votes
Rangefinder form factor (X-Prox, X-Ex, X100x, X70, XF10, X-Ax)
59.3% 32  votes
  Show results
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow