GX85 Wow!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Glick1 Regular Member • Posts: 273
GX85 Wow!

Many years ago I was using the G5 and enjoyed it. In 2014 I sold it and switched to the Canon 7DII and invested in a variety of lenses. Don't get me wrong, I found nothing really wrong with the G5 but in IQ and a variety of other features the 7DII is IMHO was and is far superior.

Except in portability!

I since then have had both shoulders replaced and on a recent trip to Italy opted for my trusty canon s100 pocket camera, thus leaving the 7DII home and in the closet. The results though good for the s100 were disappointing.

I like, I'm sure some of you look at camera listings from various sources. On c---list I saw a listing for a GX85 with the 12-32 and 12-60 lenses. 2 extra batteries and charger. I was able to purchase it for $360. I think a great price!

Over the last few days I have been "playing" with the Gx85 side by side with my canon. I have come to the conclusion that Panasonic has taken huge steps in the quality and features and especially IQ. WOW!

Pictures form my $1000 plus setup are literally indistinguishable from the GX85. Video is FAR superior in the Panasonic. And most of all, I can see carrying it all day with no pain!

The GX85 is so feature rich I find it hard to believe it's at such a price point.

It is definitely a keeper, with probably a 1 lens addition! lol

Glick1's gear list:Glick1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Canon EOS 7D Mark II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM +6 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow