To Upgrade or Not: D7100 to D7500 refurb

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mb150 New Member • Posts: 16
To Upgrade or Not: D7100 to D7500 refurb

Hi! I've had my D7100 since 2013, and have been using the Sigma 18-35 1.8 as my main lens since it came out. I came across a Nikon certified refurbished D7500 a couple weeks ago for $725ish, and finally got around to opening the box tonight. I have a 22K shutter count on my D7100 - and the refurb D7500 has all of 226! You can't reset the shutter count, right...? Anyway, obviously impressive to get a refurb with that low of a shutter count (to me anyway as this is my first time buying a refurb).

Ultimately, I'm trying to decide whether to upgrade to the D7500. I think I can probably sell my D7100 for a conservative $300 - so the question in my mind is whether the upgraded body is worth $425. I'm content right now with where I am in life (less time to do all of the photography that I had previously been doing pre-kids) and what I use it for (primarily kids/family-related - and landscapes, etc. when traveling) to not dole out thousands of dollars to upgrade (whether to full frame or a mirrorless system). But I could be convinced of an upgrade for a few hundred dollars if the upgrade is worth it...

Would you upgrade from a D7100 to a D7500 for a few hundred dollars?

Nikon D7100 Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow