Panasonic G9 Lens Choice

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Timbo-UK New Member • Posts: 3
Panasonic G9 Lens Choice

I am thinking seriously about purchasing a G9 but not sure about initial lens choice.

I was  going to get the kit with the 12-60 f2.8 to f4 (£300 cash back).

Alternatively (as I will probably be ending up buying several lenses) I am now thinking go body only and maybe splurge on the 12-35 and 35-100 f2.8?

The kit with the current cash back puts the effective cost of the 12-60 at about £450. I suppose I could get this and then sell the lens but just wanted some opinions on this lens and if anyone with the G9 thought it was worth the money?

In terms of photography I am a generalist really. Like to shoot landscapes - but also the family and dogs. Bit of street photography also. Not really a video guy - just video for family memories only.

I did have Olympus Micro 4/3 system previously but due to personal circumstances thats gone. TBH I never really enjoyed the EM1 handling and menus and buttons etc didn't gel with me.

Also the Olympus Pro lenses (12-40 and 40-150 f2.8 ) were quite heavy.   Hence looking at Panasonic system this time . I will also be looking at a GX9 (or its successor) for travelling (motorcycle touring) in the future.

Cheers

Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow