Bird on a wire, White-winged Fairy-wrens

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MarkDavo
MarkDavo Senior Member • Posts: 1,329
Bird on a wire, White-winged Fairy-wrens

I did post this in October and received some valuable feedback, thank you. It won gold at my camera club in November then scooped the pre-Christmas awards. You could have knocked me down with a feather.

Female White-winged Fairy-wren on samphire, a salt tolerant bush that grows on clay pans. Captured about 400kms North of Perth, Western Australia

I was disappointed not to have captured the female's mate because the male is a brilliant blue with the diagnostic white wing. There is one area on a coastal walk about an hour from home and this morning my luck was in. The resident male was there with a few juveniles and females and being most obliging by perching high, often.

Male White-winged Fairy-wren with an invertebrate.  I was limited by a fence as to where I could move so the sun wasn't in the best position but I was pretty pleased with the results.

Wooden fence post in the background makes for interesting colours

Perched on coastal shrubbery

He carried that small green insect for a long time before darting into the bush to feed the nestlings.

Not bad for a Sunday morning.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Mark
Wouldn't be dead for quids

MarkDavo's gear list:MarkDavo's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow