P1000, third times the charm..

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jshen808
jshen808 Senior Member • Posts: 8,373
P1000, third times the charm..

..Had received my third copy of the P1000, and this one works well..

..below are "test" pictures, the first one was taken using 24mm (efov), and the second one was taken using 3000mm (efov)..

..used Picture Control "Standard", Sharpening "Auto", Contrast "0", Saturation "Auto", White Balance 2 (AWB2), Noise Reduction "Normal"..

..these are full size sooc jpeg images..

1. @ 24mm (efov)..

..P1000 @ 24mm (efov)..

2. @ 3000mm (efov)..

..P1000 @ 3000mm (efov)..

..there is one thing I noticed that could give hint of a possible hardware update/change to this new copy..

..in my previous copy, if I do an in-camera crop (I do this to evaluate an image), the cropped image would appear as a full image in the LCD display by default..

..but this new copy, when do the same thing (I do deep crops), the cropped image only appear in a smaller portion of the LCD display by default, then would need to "zoom" in to have closer look..

..I actually prefer the "previous" version, so the cropped image shows up filling the LCD display..

..I'm happy with these results, and will continue to experiment with the settings..

..Cheers..

jshen808's gear list:jshen808's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Nikon Coolpix P900 Nikon Coolpix W300 Nikon Coolpix P1000 Canon PowerShot SX70
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Nikon Coolpix P1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow