A6500 or wait?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Wayno Regular Member • Posts: 405
A6500 or wait?

Hello,

New to this forum but would appreciate your input.  This coming summer I'm taking an epic backpacking trip for a month -- the John Muir Trail.  I would like the best possible IQ on an APS-C sensor, with flexibility to go ultra-wide.  But for that last criterion, I would be taking my Fuji X100T, which is a fixed 35mm.  I am seriously considering the A6500 coupled with the Sony 10-18, which is slow, but I'm hopeful that IBIS will allow me to shoot at dusk and dawn, with or without my ultrapod.  Sorry for the long windup -- here's the question -- should I wait to see if there is a 6500 successor in the works?  Normally I would say why not wait, but I'm heading to India in February, and that would be a good opportunity to learn by deep immersion.  My limited past experience with Sony cameras (a borrowed A7RII for a previous backpacking trip) makes me cautious about getting fluent with the Sony menu system (my FF is a Nikon).  Also, is there another lens I should consider, assuming that I need something that is at least 15-16mm equivalent at the wide end?  Thanks for reading this (very) long post and for any advice, ideas, suggestions, etc.

Wayne

Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow